Property Preparation by Talbot Team
When we walked into 6119 Bernhard Ave for the first time, we saw a charming home with tons of potential. The home needed some love, and the seller hired us because he knew we could transform the space and “make the magic happen”. He gave us a budget of $20,000 and took a hands-off approach. We made the design choices and met with contractors. Some of the high leverage changes we made were:
1) Installing new luxury plank vinyl flooring throughout
2) Painting the interior and front door
3) Swapping out all light fixtures
4) “Refreshing” the fireplace with new tile surround
5) Landscaping in the front and backyard.
Our seller paid the invoices we sent him. His $20,000 investment paid off incredibly. Initially, we thought this home could maybe sell for $600,000 given the size and condition. We closed escrow at $760,000.
We are extremely communicative, tech-savvy, and knowledgeable of the latest market and design trends. In addition, we are one of the few Green Certified real estate teams in the Bay Area.